Keeping Schools Healthy
48% of true school absences are caused by colds or flu. Prevent illness. Keep your school healthy. Improve school resources. Here’s how:
- Complete, proper, comprehensive disinfection of schools and facilities
- Daily disinfection is now possible with only one person using one gallon of chemical
News Update: First U.S. School District To Implement Electrostatic Infection Prevention Systemwide
“In a school district serving 6,300 students, with 800 staff, among a population of 11,000, this will have significant impacts on the community by ensuring less days of school are missed with kids and families home sick,” said Superintendent Dr. Ray Lea. Play News Video or Read Article Here
Germs spread from one host to another. Each time a person touches a surface, millions of microorganisms are transmitted from the person to the surface. Likewise, when a person touches a surface, they collect microorganisms from everyone else who has touched that surface, or sneezed or coughed in nearby proximity. Eeek!
Kids absent from school due to illness is a reality. In the U.S., there are approximately 164 MILLION lost school days each year among students in K-12 … an average of 4.5 sick days per student per year.
In some states, school reimbursement is directly related to attendance. This can mean the loss of significant school funding – about $30 – $50 per student.
Schools lose money when a child is absent. At the same time, the school must still pay for teacher and staff salaries, operations, building maintenance, electricity, and all the other expenses involved with running the school.
“Texas schools receive revenue from the state based on student attendance, so every absence costs a school nearly $40 per day. The total financial impact compounds quickly. For example, the average comprehensive high school in the region loses $20,000 every week from student absences! Across the entire region” according to Amy Wiseman, Ph.D. and Susan Dawson, President and Executive Director, E3 Alliance,
“increasing student attendance by just two percentage points, an average of three days per student per year, would increase revenue to Central Texas school districts by $34 million annually.”
According to E3 study results, “Acute illness, a short-lived, typically contagious illness, such as cold, flu, or strep throat, was by far the most common reason for student absences, accounting for 48% of the absences in the sample.”
Example: School reimbursement loss
Preventing Acute Illness: Using E-Mist System & Touch Point Healthy Process
- In a recent field test, an entire elementary school was disinfected daily within 45 minutes using less than 80 ounces of chemical (2.4 liters)
- An average sized classroom of 1,024 sq. ft. (32x32) can be disinfected in 2-3 minutes (20 students/teacher/room).
- Results: Less chemical used. Less labor needed. More effective chemical application. More frequent application.
- No additional full time employees are required to operate or maintain.
Buses: Need to be Disinfected, too
Some 480,000 school buses carry 25 million children — more than half of America’s schoolchildren — each day, making the school bus industry the largest form of mass transit in the United States.1 Unfortunately school transportation is often overlooked as ground zero for the spread of infectious diseases such as Norovirus, MRSA, Staph, Salmonella, and E.Coli. Bacteria and viruses come on board with the kids. When a student touches a handrail or seat back, they’ve just contaminated the bus.
A daily, comprehensive school disinfecting program for infection control helps prevent the spread of germs. It ensures that buses and facilities use the best system for the task at hand at the most reasonable cost.
Schools across the U.S. are adopting the E-Mist Disinfection System and Touch Point Healthy Process for healthier schools.
Tips for Disinfecting Buses & Facilities
- Ensure that only EPA-approved disinfectants are used and that labels are carefully followed.
- Make sure that staff designated to perform disinfecting are fully trained.
- High-touch and high-risk areas require frequent disinfecting (hand railings, grab bars, seat backs on buses and bathrooms, athletic areas, cafeteria/kitchen, health room/nurse’s office).
- We help schools prevent and reduce infectious pathogens
- Founded on a legacy of electrostatic science and technology
The E-Mist Infection Control System eliminates traditional disinfectant methods by providing a mobile, touchless, safer, and more cost-effective approach to surface disinfection
- Provides a balanced approach of cost and quality to ensure better outcomes
- Eliminates environments as the source of pathogen transmission
- 30 years’ experience in the electrostatic technology industry
- Used to remediate the 2014 Ebola crisis in Dallas, TX
- 2016 Innovation of the Year Winner
- Food Logistics FL 100 Technology Winner
- Healthcare Heroes 2015 Winner
- Effective disinfection reduces contamination
- Electrostatics has been used for decades in the auto, agricultural, inkjet and photocopier industries
- Electrostatic technology is easily understood: opposite charges attract and like charges repel
A positively charged disinfectant has greater surface adhesion because most surfaces are either negative or neutral
- Ensures a more consistent and uniform disinfectant coating
- More consistent droplet size and magnetic attraction achieves chemical wet time
- Effective surface disinfection reduces infectious diseases
- Empowers staff and employees
- Can be used with your preferred, water-soluble liquid disinfectant
Touch Point Healthy
• The Touch Point Healthy™ Certified seal of approval is the sign that an organization has met the requirements for proper surface disinfection
• In a time when schools must do more with less, creating a safe, healthy environment is critically important. Touch Point Healthy Certified provides a unique and marketable message to all your staff, students, and community
•Developed from CDC guidelines for proper surface cleaning and disinfecting
•Certified organizations demonstrate their commitment to the health of parents, visitors, student, faculty and staff
- Backpack or Roller Cart Option
- Patented. Cordless. Mobile. Touchless.
Requires no wiping – just apply disinfectant and move on
- Easier to use, more affordable, and more effective than traditional spray & wipe technique
- Average disinfectant application area of 80,000 square feet per hour
- Quiet at only 65 decibels (dB)
- 2-hours of continuous application
- Use your disinfectant (EPA-approved, water soluble)
- Touch Point Healthy certification available
- Better, faster outcomes at a lower cost.
- Contact us below for your free cost-benefit analysis – we’ll show you how much you can save